26 Oct 4 Tips To Keeping Your Indoor Cat Happy
We all know that a cat that spends most of his time indoors is healthier. Studies show that indoor cats live nearly twice as long as outdoor cats. The risk of accidents and disease are reduced, or eliminated. Your cat doesn’t know this, however, so how do you keep him happy about staying inside and not roaming the neighborhood.
- First of all, spending time playing with your cat will make him feel loved. It will give him exercise and help work off any excess energy he may be experiencing.
- Cats like to eat green things. Plant some cat grass in pots around the house and allow him to nibble from them. This will help take care of his need to eat greenery.
- Opening a window that has a secure screen will allow your cat to have fresh air. If you hang a bird feeder within sight of this window, you will find your cat staying entertained for hours on end as he watches the birds come and go.
- If you have a porch, tying your cat out on a leash will allow him to lie in the sunshine and breath fresh air. The leash will keep him safely secure so he does not roam and get lost or hurt. This is one instance when it is important to make sure he is up to date on his shots. This will make sure he does not catch any airborne diseases.
- Following the above suggestions will help insure your indoor cat stays both happy and healthy—and all those who share their home with a cat know that a happy cat makes for a happy home.
Hope you find these tips helpful and always remember to… LOVE. BRUSH. GROOM. REPEAT.
Paw Patrol is the official blog of The Paw Spa, LLC. We love to hear from you. Please comment, like, and share below.